Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Would you date you?

There is a popular alcohol product running an engaging tv commercial ... I am going to change the question to one more appropriate, IMHO.

Would you go on a date with you?

Of course, this begins with the question, would you approach you and ask for a date? How do you present yourself in public ... when we may think no one is watching but HE is watching. I'll go a step further and ask, would you want to run into Jesus when you present yourself in public?

Sometimes we get insular, thinking we are an island ... no man is an island
OK, who said that? HINT: It is NOT Bon Jovi ;) (obscure movie reference0

So no matter how insular we may think we are when we head out the door, people are watching. When you are in Christ what do you want them to see, the love of Jesus shining forth? How about happiness, peace, love beaming. Don't you want to smile back at someone who smiles and looks happy? Actually, i like to smile at those who look grumpy, sad, discontent, it's my little gift. Whether they smile back and accept it is their choice.

But if you are a single woman waiiting patiently for a mate, look in the mirror before you head out the door, after you've spent a few minutes telling yourself what you like about you! (see yesterday blog) Be honest in asking yourself, would you want to approach you, to date you?

What are your assets? What do you bring to the table, to a relationship. Why would someone want to be with you?

Live an Ephesians 3:20 day!

An adventure for me today is discovering the best value on Starbucks coffee ... did you know that the B&N location at the mall is more expensive than the local shop. Those who know me, know I actually do not prefer Starbucks Coffee but they have wifi ... you go where you are needed. Besides there are no Cabibou Coffee shops in Savannah ... that I do miss about ATL.

"Ask me and I will tell you remarkable secrets you do not know about things to come" Jeremiah 33:3

Last night I had an opportunity to really ask ... give attention to my God as I lost power. It was wonderful experience as I opened the patio door and really listened to the sounds of the night (thank goodness not so many sirens) ... the chirping cicadas reminded me of nights in my youth laying on the driveway and looking at the stars.
There followed what I initially thought was a flock of geese ... or prefer to say a "flock of seagulls" singing "...and I ran ... I ran so far away ... I just ran ... I couldn't get away" I swear I heard that tempo!
I now believe it was actually a group of some type of frog, perhaps bullfrog that can be confused (by me at least, it's happened before) with a flock of birds. That's my story anyway, and I'm sticking with it. It was a good experience, I believe I used opportunity wisely.
Sidebar: I will be writing to Blackberry manufacture encouraging them to "highlight" (no pun intended) the virtues of a blackberry as a flashlight ... I really think they are missing a market segment there. Thank goodness battery had been recharged earlier in the evening so I had that light, my iPod for praise music entertainment, and the freecell game for moments of entertainment! Really, thank goodness all had been charged previously b/c I ran each of them down!

It was also funny to catch myself hitting the light switch, in the pitch dark, somehow expecting the light to come on? I think I did that about half a dozen times, many times with candle in hand as my hand reached out to the switch! Oh, we can be such creatures of habit.

The fun lasted until about 1:30 when the lack of fan or air conditioning coupled with very little breeze wafting thru the door reminded me of just how hot it was outside...now ebbing inside. It felt that just as I fell into my good REM sleep, I was jolted awake with the music station singing to me that the power had returned! Great, it was 3:30AM. At that time of morning, forget about resetting clocks ... turn on that fan, that air conditioning and go to bed!

Turns out that our building and half of another building in the complex were the only ones to lose power ... I wondered why neighbors across the way had apparent light on! ... what's up with that! there was a small area that was affected by the outage ... Go US!

Dawn beckoned later for me today as I slept well and cool. Today is a beautiful day ... a new day ... a new beginning and I am excited! more excited than I was a month ago! God is so good to me ... He is so patient in allowing me to grow ... experience things I thought I wanted ... waiting for me to come to Him and say, OK let's do it totally your way! I'm in!
I feel Him standing there saying, you done now? you READY? Really ready this time? Yes, you are ready girl! Watch out because here we go!!

I'm so excited ... I just can't hide it ...

Thank you GOD! Thank you JESUS!
'For I know the plans I have for you sayeth the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you ... Plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11

P.S. if anyone can tell me where July went, please do so ... I'm just saying

But we all know I LOVE AUGUST!! LUV IT! LUV IT! LLLUUUUVV IT!!

and yes, I would date me!

No comments:

Post a Comment